products >> Rondo
New functions, better stabilisation, better price.
Simply - Better - Flying
Rondo needs digital servos for tail and swash plate!
Electronic rotor head stabilization for everyone!
In the past paddleless or flybarless flying was reserved for the skilled pilot ready to invest a lot of money and spend a lot of time on the installation and setup of the system.
That changes now!
The revolutionary Rondo confutes reservations against flybarless flying and offers a simple approach with an outstanding result. That is why Rondo is equally suited and recommended for beginners as well as full professionals. This recommendation is underlined furthermore by the favourable purchase price.
Apart from integrating all imaginable characteristics, throughout the development of Rondo close attention was paid toa simple and understandable operation in order to allow for quick and easy installation and setup.
Without reservations Rondo is suitable for all model helicopters starting from the 450 size class and above.
Rondo not only brings more agility, a higher turning rate and improved flight characteristics for hard 3D flying if desired, but generally also more flying time, more stability, better performance and precision for a moderated flight style.
Of course Rondo was not only made to take over the stabilization of the main rotor. It also contains an ultramodern high end tail heading hold gyro, with no need to shun competition in its efficiency.
Short report of RONDO V2 in ROTOR magazine of december 2009
Features in detail
- High-quality SMM sensors of the newest generation on all axes
- Latest 16bit microcontroller with extremely high arithmetic performance
- Axis-corrected sensor system prevents influences of individual functions
- Digital servo control for the tail rotor with 1520uS and 760uS
- Integrated mechanical, 90°, 120°, 135° as well as 140° swash plate mixer
- Integrated Cyclic Ring function
- Complete swash plate balance mixer for a clean run of the swash plate
- Dynamic swash plate turn for optimal position stability while pirouetting the helicopter
- Various mixture functions for the coupling of different functions among themselves
- Separate gain channels for swash plate and tail rotor
- Tail mode switchable via gain channel (heading hold / restricted heading hold)
- Works fine with all common PPM, PCM or 2.4 GHz receivers. Starting from version 2, also Spektrum Satellite revceivers can be connected
- Free allocation of channels to functions
- Static virtual swash plate turn (important for multi blade helicopters)
- Longer flying time and more performance by less air resistance at the rotor head
- Adjustable for docile to super agile configurations
- Firmware updatable
- Weight savings by fewer parts at the rotor head and built in tail heading lock gyro
- Smaller sensitivity to external influences such as wind
- Stable straight flight without rearing up
- Suitable for two and multi-blade rotor heads
- Built in steel base plate for vibration absorption and shielding against static loadings
- The display / program terminal is included in the price. It is usable for all future products of PRO RC
Size: 34 x 34 x 22 mm
Weight incl. steel base plate: 31 g
Supply voltage: 4 - 9 Volts
Power comsumption: ca. 50mA
USB-Update cable for Rondo and µRondo
Spektrum Adapter for Rondo
With help of this adapter up to two Spektrum satelittes can be connected to Rondo directly. Hence a very compact system can be build up. This is in particular of advantage, if it depends on low cableling an low weight. Up to 7 TX channels can be assigned to their functions in Rondo. Same as using a Single Line Receiver, the throttle function is lead to the swashplate servo 4 jack.
Supply voltage: Comes from Rondo